- Responsible driving:
- Avoid an aggressive driving in the city
- Drive without pressure and start the engine without pressing the accelerator
- Drive at a constant and low speed
- It is better to turn off the engine when parking for more than 20 seconds. The restart indeed consumes less energy than an engine which rotates in a vacuum.
- Use air conditioning sparingly:
- The fuel consumption can increase by 10% on road and 25% in the city because of the air conditioning.
- Car Maintenance :
- Underinflated tires are equivalent to additional fuel consumption
- A clogged air filter leads to 3% of fuel over consumption
- Get regular engine oil drain
- A good wheels alignment to prevent friction that causes a loss of energy
- Low loading when Travelling :
- Over loading for utility vehicles represents 5% of additional fuel consumption